8.31.2011

wake me up when september ends.

So, my dears, it's the last day of August.

In a couple of hours, September will roll around and we will moan and groan as we pack away the sandals and the sun screen. We will watch our tans fade and start to wear jeans, missing the sunshine and the sandy toes and sleeping in. School will start, and so will all the stress. We'll all become walking zombies, tripping down the halls and staggering up the stairs.

And despite all this, fall is my favorite season.

I love it when the air smells like fresh apples and the leaves burn bright orange before they die. I love sweatshirts and my birthday and Halloween and scary movies; I love Friday night football games and Thanksgiving. I even love the first few days of school, when all the notebooks are still fresh and all my pens still work and I get to reconnect with everyone I haven't seen over the summer. Admittedly, the newness of school wears off pretty fast, considering this is my tenth year in the public education system.

Summer is beautiful and wild, but don't forget autumn is gorgeous and graceful.



in the middle of september, we still play out in the rain...nothing to lose but everything to gain.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    Just another reason I'm so glad you're my friend. You read my mind.

    ReplyDelete