9.06.2011

suburban streets

Part of me is glad that school is starting again, because then I won't waste my time on the internet as much. 

I seriously need to get a life.

I haven't spent my whole summer Facebook stalking, though. I did something productive and took driver's ed a few weeks ago! It was astoundingly dull and highly entertaining at the same time, thanks to ridiculous videos, chicken nuggets and amazing doodling skills. One of the best quotes of the week was, "Don't beep in Texas...they all have guns."

I'm going to be getting my permit soon, and if all goes well, my license by the end of this school year. I'll be tooling around the suburban streets in my mother's minivan, but I'm so beyond excited to actually drive. For most of my friends, a license symbolizes an escape; they can finally get away from their parents and their home. And while I'm sure I will do my fair share of escaping, I look at it more as another step in maturity, not a device that should be used to run away from parents and problems. I mean, honestly, I could kill someone with my dorky minivan. There is a hell of a lot of power behind the wheel of a car, and I don't want to abuse that power by pulling one of those I-HATE-MY-LIFE-SO-IMMA-DRIVE-AWAY-FOREVER scenes that you see in all the teen movies. 

Driving gives you liberty, but comes at the price of gas, which is outrageous (I feel really grown-up when I complain about gas prices). 

And wear your seatbelts, please. And watch this video.


PS this is my 99th post!

1 comment: