12.12.2010

i guess that's life (day 1)

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened”

I’ve recently started reading two more blogs, which are both excellently written and seven times more serious than mine. So to vary things up a little, I borrowed this picture


from  J'adore L'amour and I’m going to blog about all 30 of the topics on the list. Just not all in one month, because they’re pretty deep questions/subjects and I can’t do serious for a solid month. I’m not even sure I can do serious for three hours.

Moving on…

Today, the list of life dictates me to write about my current relationship slash what being single is like. Anybody who knows me personally knows very well what happened with my last relationship, and I’m not going to post all the details here, because this is the internet, people, and you could be a stalker. To make a long and slightly bitter story short, I dated a guy for about six months, and for almost all of those six months he was a great boyfriend. He never let me pay for anything, even when I acted annoyed. He made doing absolutely nothing fun. He made me laugh, made me feel pretty, made me happy.

And then he broke up with me two weeks after my birthday, one week before our six month, because of a girl he’s seen in person three times, who lives half an hour away. Now he and I don’t talk.

But I guess that’s life. I guess that’s love. I was slash am upset with how it ended, but I’m grateful and glad it happened. It was worth it.

So for now, yeah, I’m single. But hey, I was single for fourteen years before him, I think I can deal with it a while longer. Guys, however much we love them, certainly do complicate things, and I’m not exactly looking for complications right now. I’m just looking to have a good time with my friends and survive the rest of the term. Oh, and wishing for it to snow J

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. I want to compliment you on how you dealt with this topic. It's not an easy one, especially on a blog, because there's a fine line between sharing a thought vs. saying too much. (Exhibit A: This guy. I can't stand how he blogs about his ex-girlfriend.)

    You did a great job here of expressing yourself while staying positive; no one who reads this will think you're seeking attention or whatever.

    I like the way you blog :)

    PS. Sorry about the guy though. They tend to suck.

    ReplyDelete