4.14.2011

i'm all about them words

Remember that blog challenge? Yeah...

Day 18: Your beliefs.

This one's pretty easy, to be honest.

I believe in God. I do not believe God has a vendetta against Jews or gays or anybody else. I believe God is more like a force and less like a person. I believe that God controls karma.

I believe everything happens for a reason, even the truly terrible stuff.

I believe in luck, in superstition, in karma and wishes.

I believe in true love. I do not believe in love at first sight.

I believe that life is about loving what you have and not envying what you don't, which is extremely tricky--nobody said life was easy. In fact, everybody says the exact opposite.

I believe that laughter heals.

I believe that everyone has a soul mate.

I believe rain works like a sleeping pill to help you fall asleep.

I believe everyone has to fail a couple times. It builds character.

I believe that no matter how awesome you may be, the first pancake will never come out right.

I believe we're all a little crazy, especially in high school.

And lastly, I believe in words. Words have power and soul. They express feeling and thought and life. They are gorgeous. They are never ending.

...Say I'm all about them words. Over numbers, unencumbered, numbered words...hundreds of pages, pages, pages...



And that, ladies and gents, is what I believe in, take it or leave it. Happy Thursday, darlings. One more day. We can do it :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that song so much. I'm about to send you a long email.

    ReplyDelete