5.01.2011

princess

Hi again.

I DVR'd the Royal Wedding and watched it Friday night after eating Chinese food and unsuccessfully attempting to help my friend with his English homework.

And gosh, am I jealous of Princess Kate.

Not because of Prince William (he's going bald before thirty, for God's Sakes) but because she is literally living a fairy tale. Her life is what all little girls dream about.

She is a princess. A real-life princess.

For some reason, the very word strikes me as magical.

And because I am me, I found it a teensy bit depressing. It reminded me of a bittersweet Taylor Swift song. Here it is (I know, two songs in one day! How lucky are you?)


I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale.

Nope. I'm just a little redheaded freshman nerd.

But you know what? I'm pretty okay with that, actually. I won't say that my prince will come one day, because a) it is awfully and sickeningly cliche and b) there is actually no guarantee.

I don't need to be a princess to be beautiful.

And I don't need boys to live a beautiful life. They're just kind of a bonus.

1 comment: