2.16.2011

fairhaven (day 13)

Name a place you'd like to move to or visit.

I realized I've been abandoning my blog challenge recently, so this is me getting back on track.

Most of my friends seem to want to live in California, with the sun and the sand. I would not bode well in California--firstly, I am an Irish redhead. The sun doesn't like me and I don't like the sun. I'd probably get skin cancer three seconds after stepping off the plane. Second, the idea of earthquakes freaks me out something fierce. Third, I need snow during Christmas. Fourth, I am way too attached to Massachusetts and New England.

This past summer (read: the best summer of my life), I went to visit a family friend who owns a summer house in Fairhaven, Mass. And oh God, I fell in love.

It's a beautiful, quaint town, settled right next to New Bedford and the water. The high school and the church are adorned with stained glass and the cathedral in New Bedford lights up at night, making for a very pretty skyline. Some of the streets are cobble stoned and the houses are the classic, old-school Colonial style that I have an affinity for.

Maybe it was just the summer atmosphere, maybe it was because I adore beach towns, maybe it was because I was going through a playing house regression phase and fantasizing about which house I was going to live in with the golden retriever puppy, the husband and the three kids, but Fairhaven struck me as an absolutely g o r g e o u s  town and I would love to live there someday, with or without the golden retriever puppy, the husband and the three kids.

Sheesh. The future's scary, ain't it? But I guess that's what makes it exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment