2.14.2011

♥valentine♥

February fourteenth is pretty much the one day a year we can be totally gushy-melty-sappy and not get ridiculously ridiculed for it. In high school, it means roses being handed out during homeroom (the lovely Ari sent me a very pretty pink one and it made my day), oodles of PDA in the hallways, cute and childish stickers and lots of candy. It also means being reminded you're single every 4.7 seconds, but whatever, I get candy.

I know some people don't believe in love--personally, I find that insane. Love isn't a religion. It isn't a belief. It is crazy and painful and inexplicable and the most human emotion we have. Saying you don't believe in love is like saying you don't believe in happiness. Or puppies. Both of which are obviously real.

Love is just about as real as it gets, my dears.

But if I had to point to some sort of proof, if Valentine's Day were a social/scientific experiment and you needed test subjects to convince those non-believers, I'd volunteer my favorite couple, my best friend and my best guy friend. They're so damn adorable it makes you die. My best friend is an immensely talented and  gorgeous brunette who frequently displays penguin-like tendencies. My best guy friend is a hilarious quesedilla enthusiast and a great listener.

And whenever he looks at her? You suddenly start believing in fairy tales again.

Because he looks at her like she's the only thing worth looking at. Like he'd be content with just staring at her forever. Like he's been blind his whole life and hadn't realized it until he saw her. Like he'd walk to Mars and back just to be with her.

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he would walk to Mars and back just to be with her.

My best friends gets this smile on her face whenever his name comes up in conversation, the type of look that you want to keep in a bottle because it's so sweet.

 I've gotten pretty good at controlling my aaaaawwwwwwww reflex, but every once and a while I can't help it, which usually prompts an annoyed look and a "Shut up, Tess." Today, however, there was a whole mess of kids lurking on them as they exchanged valentines, and the aaaawwwwwww was pretty damn loud and pretty damn cute.

MM & JK, I love you both to death and I'm so happy both of you are happy. I can't think of two people who deserve it more than you guys do.

Aaaaand here's the fabulous Taylor Swift, with one of my favorite love songs.  I was enchanted to meet you♥ For more love songs, mosey on over to the playlist tab.




Happy Valentine's Day! Always remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment