3.10.2011

the absolute best therapy (day 16)

I'm going to finish this freaking blog challenge veryvery soon. I promise.

Your views on mainstream music.

In my humble opinion, modern music falls into three catagories, the first being disgusting, synthesized kind, a la Justin Bieber and that dreadful song "O.M.G." by Will.i.am. O.MG. makes my brain vomit whenever I hear it. It's sad, because it's really not music but it's eaten up like candy by the general public and those tween girls who faint over The Jonas Brothers and J-Biebs. These people honestly have no idea what real music is. Pity them. I do.

The second is pretty much the same techno-trashy stuff, except it's energetic and catchy and you find yourself liking it even if you don't really want to (think Ke$ha and Lady Gaga). It's too damn happy to hate.

The third is the really awesome music, when songs are written by the singers, played by the singers, felt by the singers. When actual instruments are involved in the production. When the title of artist actually means something--this person, or these people, truly are artists because they craft beautiful music out of notes and words and they feel the music and they love it and they don't care about record contracts or commercials, because all they need and all they love is the music.

Example:



Music, aside from coloring books and chicken nuggets, is the absolute best therapy, and I've had a stressful day, so I'm off to plug it in and turn it up. Looking forward to Make A Statement Day tomorrow! MWAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment