3.07.2011

soapbox (day 15)

Your favorite Tumblrs.

Allow me to step onto my soapbox for a moment.

 I hate Tumblrs. I'm sorry, but I do. I hate the fact that it is anonymous--while I certainly understand the appeal, it annoys me because people say things on Tumblr that I know for a fact they wouldn't say in real life. If you're not brave enough to own the things you say, then you shouldn't be publicly declaring them, period. People seem to forget that the Internet is just about as public as it gets, and just because your name isn't written at the bottom of every post doesn't mean you're protected from the consequences of your words.

Okay. I've stepped off the soapbox now.

My favorite tumblrs...
As you can see, two out of three aren't really blogs (God, I sound like snob, don't I?) but collections of quotes and pictures. AND DAMN THEY ARE CUTE. Check 'em out :)

4 comments:

  1. no offense dolly- but isnt yours anonymous too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Posted by Tess"
    ...you tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out fuckyeahliteraryquotes.tumblr.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know how many tesses there are in the world?

    ReplyDelete