1.16.2011

don't forget to have fun (day 7)

So, I'm choosing to ignore all of this nonsense about the astrological signs changing and whatnot because I have been a Virgo for fifteen years and I rather enjoy my sign. Plus, I'm too used to looking for the Virgo section on the horoscope page of Seventeen.

According to astrology-online.com, Virgos are...

  • modest/shy
  • meticulous/reliable
  • practical/diligent
  • intelligent/analytical
  • fussy/worrisome
  • overcritical/harsh
  • perfectionist/conservative
I mostly fit the bill with my zodiac sign (at least, it describes me better than Leo, my supposed "new" sign). Ironically, one cannot really admit to being modest without coming off as somewhat egotistical, but if it counts for anything, I'm perfectly terrified of coming off as self-obsessed and I feel extremely awkward when people compliment me. I don't enjoy talking about my talents, but I wouldn't call myself shy--I'm far to willing to embarrass myself in public. I also like to think I'm reliable--I stick to my commitments and triple-check details to ensure I'm not missing anything.

I'm so analytical it should be freakin' illegal.

I am fussy (digression: the word "fussy" reminds me of cats...) because I have very specific likes and I'm accustomed to my own personal routines. I buy oranges in the lunch line just to peel them. I sort my Goldfish into smiling and non-smiling. I won't listen to the same song more than four times a day. I need to have a glass of water on my nightstand every night. Awkward, I just realized these all have to do with food...

I'm also overcritical--if I don't like something, I really don't like it and I can and will go on and on about how and why I dislike it so much. Examples: strawberries, Juicy Couture, my history teacher, the color pink, the word bologna, my emotionally scarring experiences with cheerleading in elementary school, New Yorkers and Brett Favre.

I am not, however, a perfectionist. I'm too lazy to be a perfectionist and my English teacher spends at least half of every class reminding us all it's a terribly unrealistic goal. I go with the flow. If I mess up, I live with it. I don't like it, but I manage just the same. Perfectionists always seemed stressed, to be honest, and I am awful at coping with stress--if I were a perfectionist, I would have dramatically and spontaneously combusted by now.

My horoscope for today reads that I need to let go of things I'm trying to hard to hold on to (like my phone, perhaps...) and don't forget to have fun. Since the Pats are playing later and I have Cape Cod potato chips, I'm fairly certain that won't be a problem. Cape Cod potato chips = life

No comments:

Post a Comment