1.13.2011

the historical double snow day

There is nothing quite like getting the polite, recorded call from your school superintendant saying that school has been cancelled for yet another day due to "the aftermath of today's storm and safety concerns."

I picked up the phone, held my breath and started dancing throughout the house. I danced up to my parent's room, informed them and yelled at my father a little bit for dashing my hopes and dreams earlier that day when I'd expressed the longing wish to have a double snow day and he bluntly told me there was no way that was happening.

Also, I am fairly certain this has never happened in the history of my town's public schools. I've been a student for 10 years now. We have nevereverever had a double snow day.

So here's to two days of pajamas, cupcakes, late-night TV, and sleeping in, a healthy little mini-break in the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment