1.19.2011

s.t.r.e.s.s.

The past two days have been the most stressful of my high school career thus far, and I don't have a clue why.

Maybe it's because of the intense college discussion I got into yesterday with my best friend, about extracurriculars and scholarships and AP classes and SATS and PSATS and all sorts of other exciting academic acronyms.

Maybe its because that collegiate theme, when I tried to forget about it, extended itself into my last long block study with a guidance seminar which told me to plan out what classes I should take senior year.

Maybe it's because I have this physco idea in my head that I can get an Irish dance scholarship to Notre Dame (yes, they have them...I checked. How pitiful is that?) when I should just accept the fact I'm going to go to UMass because children taking Algebra I, like yours truly, do not go to schools like Notre Dame.

Maybe it's because I had three highly important things to do today after school-- finish a 300 point art project, make up a math test and begin a daunting historical fiction analysis project--and I literally had to do them all at the same time.

Maybe it's because I felt like I'd just eaten a brick when I saw a random couple holding hands in the hallway.

Maybe it's because I realized my friends--the people who actually make my day worth the effort--might have an expiration date, because the NHS Class of '14 will be spread out all around the country eventually.

Maybe it's because my mother just went on a five minute spiel about how selfish I am and how my sister is a better, more loving person and warned me I'd be grounded if I didn't write my sister an apology letter, asking for forgiveness because I'm so horrible and awful and unworthy of all her love and hugs and worship and whatever. I wish I were kidding.

Maybe it's because I really do hate being that negative, emotional girl who worries about college as a freshman, because I know it's slightly ridiculous.

Maybe it's because I know many upperclassmen--hell, many freshmen--would scoff at my idea of a stressful day.

Maybe it's because I had chicken nuggets for dinner and they didn't improve my mood and now I need to find another comfort food (scary thought).

Maybe it's because I really hate the fact I have to keep using the word maybe, because I honestly don't know why I'm so upset.

Friday cannot come soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I know all too much about stress.

    If you ever need any help or advice -- whether it's college, friend, or couples in the hallway -- feel free to ask! My legitimate high school career is wrapping up in the next two days with the start of semester 2 and I'm pretty sure this is the point when I have the clearest perspective on high school survival.

    With that said, I hope you feel better! It's a crappy week, weather-wise and school-wise, because it's the end of a term. GOOD LUCK with everything!

    ReplyDelete