1.15.2011

i love ya, tomorrow

"Nothing can rain on my parade today."
"Lucky. I don't even freakin' have a parade today. I have a rainy, abandoned street."

Recently, I have been having a lot of bad days, and I feel it safe to say some of my friends have been experiencing the same--part of me thinks it has to do with seasonal depression, because it's winter, cold and bleak and no fun now that the holidays are over. Part of me thinks knows it's just me feeling sorry for myself, something I try not to do and end up doing anyway. And part of me is pondering over an insight a friend shared with me when I explained my chronic bad moods--maybe I put myself in bad moods because I like being comforted.

As much as I would like to deny that, it's probably true.

I have a bad mood standard operating procedure--it involves eating chicken nuggets, sleeping, surfing the internet for far too long, complaining about my life to my two ICE contact friends, retail therapy, and listening to a bad day playlist that really needs to be updated (suggestions welcome). Here's the go-to song at the top of the list....


I am only a little obsessed with this musical (no worries, I'm 110% aware I'm a nerd). It cheers me up without fail, because no matter how awful my day has been, Annie always reminds me that tomorrow has the potential to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment