1.02.2011

one random compliment

The day before break is such a joke. People wear pajamas and sweatpants, watch movies that just barely relate to the school curriculum and bring in food and candy like we're preparing for a siege.
In english, we played a game where we gave everyone a hypothetical gift--I doled out dates with celebrities for most of the guys. I received a soul.

In bio, we supposedly did a webquest, but actually jammed out to Ke$ha, threw pencils, stole gum and laughed uncomfortably when somebody asked our recently engaged teacher if he was going to "get it on" with his fiancee over break.

In Spanish, one girl brought in a legit pinata and the class spent five minutes trying to convince the teacher to let us hit it with a meterstick, or perhaps play pinata soccer, but she didn't buy it and we ended up having to shake the candy of the pinata, which was very lame, but I got free toffee.

In study--yes, I was lucky enough to have study last block--seven girls crowded around my copy of Seventeen Prom and we reviewed the fifty-odd pages of dresses, declaring most of them ugly and several other negative adjectives. We braided hair and talked about boyfriends and shared candy canes and finally, finally, we escaped school for nine beautiful days.

Now, break is over, and I am currently having an internal war with myself over all of that homework I should've done earlier. My Christmas was fabulous--the most noteable gift was a lap top, which technically belongs to the family but actually belongs to me, and I spent my New Year's Eve with a ton of junk food and friends, pulled an all-nighter and probably outstayed my welcome at my friend's house by not leaving for a full twenty-five and a half hours. I spent my last night of freedom sobbing as I watched Toy Story 3, Les Miserables and Titanic and stayed up far too late playing truth and reading Harlan Coben.

So, my 2010 is over--it was not my favorite year, but it was an important year for me, personally, and hey, not everyone was lucky enough to live through 2010 in its entirety.

My 2011 is just starting, and I can only hope it will be adventurous, inspiring, healthy and happy. I also hope to improve and brighten my family's, my friend's and my peer's lives by keeping my New Year's resolution, which is to...*drum roll*

give one random compliment each and every day

One little compliment probably won't change the world, but it can make somebody's day. So watch out 2011, here comes a bonafide day-maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment